Work with Accent, ACC’s award-winning, student-run media group
To apply for a staff position with Accent, please complete Accent’s My SL application form.
Application Deadline: Open
Available Staff Positions: (requires 10-15 hour per week time commitment)
- Project Lead – functions as editor in chief of the newspaper and project manager of other media related projects. Responsibilities include setting the tone across all Accent media activities, conducting staff meetings, managing staff, writing articles, copy editing and fact checking. Proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft office required.
- Content Lead – functions as head writer/reporter, assignments editor and copy editor. Assists project leader. Proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft office required.
- Photo Lead – serves as head photographer, takes photos for the publications and other projects, edits photos for print and online and maintains photo archives. Photo taking and editing skills required.
- Design Lead – designs and creates the layout for the newspaper and other visual media products including flyers and program booklets using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Multimedia Lead – makes audio/video recordings of events and interviews to create multimedia content for www.theaccent.org.
- Online/Social Media Lead – regularly posts to and maintains Accent’s social media accounts. Also updates Accent’s website with original content and content from our print editions. Proficiency with HootSuite and WordPress preferred.
- Business Lead – creates and maintains advertising contact lists, solicits ads, maintains accounting records. Organizes and manages distribution of print materials. Creates and executes marketing plans and engagement campaigns/contests, and provides first edit of marketing/sales materials.
Interested in being a freelance contributor? Please complete Accent’s Student Interest Form.
Application Deadline: Open
- Graphic Designers
- Page Designers
Work with Life 4U
Life4U is Austin Community College’s back-to-school student-run digital magazine. The insider’s guidebook for new and returning students contains feature, profile and photo stories on important people, places and events in the ACC District for 2013-2014. It also offers advice on classes, professors, campus study spots and food. We are also accepting application for Spring/Summer 2013 positions. Magazine production is May 3-June 26, 2013.
To apply for a staff position with Life4U magazine, please complete our My SL staff application form.
Application deadline: Closed
- Editor in Chief
- Photo Editor
- Design Editor
- Layout Editor
- Staff Reporter
- Staff Photographer